News and publications
REN Legal continues to expand with a senior appointment in asset finance
REN Legal announced today that Shane O’Driscoll has joined the firm as a senior associate, further increasing the strength and depth of the firm’s core practice area of asset finance.
Shane joins from White & Case’s London office and specialises in international asset finance and leasing transactions, with a particular emphasis on secured debt financings, export credit agency-support financings, operating, finance and tax-based lease structures, aircraft sales, purchases and lease novations. He has acted for owners in the purchase and operation of private jets and rotary wing aircraft. Shane also worked as an associate with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in London and Frankfurt, and with a top tier firm in Dublin
Norman Fraser, Partner, REN Legal commented:
“We are delighted to have Shane join the asset finance team at REN Legal as we continue to grow and expand our offering. His experience will add depth to the existing asset finance and aviation practices. He brings with him significant and valuable experience, particularly in the aircraft finance and leasing arena.”
REN Legal is a commercial law firm based in the City of London. The firm specialises in providing top quality legal advice and transaction management services through its highly experienced teams.
In the past year, key asset finance deals that the REN Legal team has acted on include:
- Advising the financiers and lessor on the sale and leaseback and related financing of 3 Airbus A330 aircraft on lease to a major European flag carrier
- Advising the financiers in connection with a €390m European rolling stock financing facility
- Acting on over 50 aircraft engine leasing and trading transactions for various aircraft engine investment funds and lessors
- Advising the lessor on a European rolling stock sale and leaseback transaction
- Advising two flag carrier airlines on GE9X and Trent 900 engine procurement and maintenance contracts
- Advising on the settlement of redelivery condition disputes relating to Boeing 737 and Boeing 767 aircraft
For further information, or to organise an interview with any of the REN Legal team, please contact the Practice Manager: Caron Barter on + 44 (0) 203 372 5382 or email@example.com