Our dispute resolution team advises a broad cross-section of clients, including banks and other financial services providers, regulators, UK central and local government authorities, public bodies, companies, partnerships, investors and individuals, and provides fast commercial advice and innovative solutions designed to achieve effective solutions at minimum disruption to our clients.
Members of the team are experienced in all forms of dispute resolution, including mediation, expert determination, construction adjudication, arbitration and court proceedings at all levels. Our expertise includes:
- insurance / reinsurance, taxation and financial services disputes (including in relation to hedging costs and enforcement)
- general contractual and company law disputes
- distressed commercial real estate transactions and construction disputes
- white collar crime defence
- actions brought to bring assets into insolvent estates
As much of our work is international in character, often involving offshore jurisdictions, our team is able to deal with complex cross-border cases working alongside recognised experts in those jurisdictions.
Our lawyers’ dispute resolution experience includes:
- acting for a local authority in relation to a High Court dispute worth over £40 million arising out of a 7 year service contract
- representing an aircraft lessor in connection with the unsatisfactory redelivery condition of an aircraft by a European airline which involved issuing proceedings before the English courts
- advising aircraft lessors in connection with the settlement of a lease redelivery compensation dispute with a European airline and the contested redelivery and de-registration of an aircraft leased to an Asian airline
- advising a majority shareholder in relation to a dispute arising under a shareholder agreement representing interested parties in a dispute with HMRC regarding tax treatment of various brown field developments
Finance and real estate-related dispute resolution work
Our dispute resolution team also works closely with our finance, real estate and corporate teams to advise on finance, real estate and corporate-related dispute resolution matters, including debt claims, enforcement, lease disputes, shareholder disputes and construction disputes.