Our finance team advises banks, international listed and private companies, private equity funds, lessors, airlines and manufacturers on a wide range of finance matters. We have particular expertise in the fields of corporate lending, asset finance and leasing, real estate finance and restructuring.
We assist clients across all sectors on their general corporate lending matters, including bi-lateral and syndicated unsecured debt financings and intra-group financings.
Our lawyers’ corporate lending experience includes:
- advising a UK-based borrower in relation to the debt financing of its business for general corporate purposes
- advising a bank on the restructuring of a portfolio of unsecured loans
- representing a US private equity fund in relation the restructuring of its intra-group loan agreements
- advising a fintech company on raising debt finance to fund the expansion of its business
Asset Finance and Leasing
We advise clients on a variety of asset finance and leasing matters involving aircraft (commercial, corporate jets and helicopters), aircraft engines and spare parts, rolling stock, plant and machinery and technology assets. We have particular expertise in:
- asset-backed senior, junior and mezzanine debt financings
- finance leasing, operating leasing (including IATA emergency leases) and sale and leasebacks
- receivables financings
- asset sale and purchases, including related manufacturer support and warranty arrangements
Our lawyers’ asset finance and leasing experience includes:
- advising a US-based leasing company on the sale and operating leaseback of 4 Embraer E175 aircraft with a European flag carrier
- acting for the lessor and financier in connection with a €120,000,000 sale and leaseback of European rolling stock
- representing a FTSE 100 company in relation to the financing of receivables under a contract for the supply of technology assets to the UK government
- advising two flag carrier airlines on GE9X and Trent 900 engine procurement and maintenance contracts
- advising a European lessor on its acquisition of 10 new MRJ190 aircraft from the manufacturer
Real Estate Finance
Our finance lawyers work closely with our real estate lawyers to advise on real estate finance matters across all sectors of the commercial real estate market, including office, retail, mixed use, industrial, hotels and leisure. We have particular expertise in:
- development financings
- investment acquisition financings
- investment fund support
Our lawyers’ real estate finance experience includes:
- advising on a £89,000,000 financing of a residential development in London
- acting for the borrower in relation to a £62,000,000 acquisition financing of a mixed portfolio of office, industrial and leisure properties
- representing a private equity fund on the provision of fund support in relation to the acquisition of various commercial properties in Europe
- advising a private equity fund on the disposal of retail and hotel properties
We have provided restructuring advice to clients in a wide range of industries, from telecoms and retail to student accommodation and construction. We work very closely with stakeholders and other professionals to achieve cost effective solutions and maximum returns.
Much of our work in this field is highly confidential and often problems are resolved at very short notice.
Finance-related corporate and dispute resolution work
Our finance team also works closely with our corporate and dispute resolution teams to advise on finance-related corporate and dispute resolution matters, including the structuring and formation of joint ventures, equity and quasi-equity investments and upside sharing arrangements and debt claims, enforcement, recoveries and lease disputes.